URGENT! Moving in less than 24 hours.

Well some ok news, it should arrive tomorrow, and they will arrive before "average" Florida temps get here. Right now it's only mid 70s low 80s.

The package is only one hour away from my location.

Will keep ya posted.

• Like 1

Well they have arrived but heavy casualties were suffered. I lost two of my Periplaneta americana nymphs, the large males and the two adults females are alive. 

All the adult females of the Australian roaches survived but two or four of the nymphs died, but I still have over six Ozzies.

The Surinames were hit the hardest, I'm down to six adults, and one nymph. And one female is in the process dying and aborting an ooth. I have her by watermelon in hopes she can possibly rehydrate herself.

I did manage to find some ooth or each of the Periplaneta species, and have them in their respective enclosures.

The survivors are currently eating the watermelon and food, so I'm hopeful that the colonies will survive.

Though I'm likely going to have to buy some females of the Periplaneta americana and Australian roaches to bolster the numbers. :(

17 minutes ago, Matttoadman said:

Well knowing P. americana from the pest control side, I'm betting two adult females are more than enough to get you going. 

On 7/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, Hisserdude said:

Considering I was trying to line breed for size and color this is a setback for that particular efforts, especially since the female nymphs that died appeared to have been above average in size.

Dang, sorry man, that sucks. Oh well, at least you still have enough individuals of each species to keep the cultures going, though the traits you were breeding for may be lost. :(

Bummer... I hope the survivors see the need for increased offspring production!