Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Twilightroach

How to get roaches out of container to feed

3 posts in this topic

I have been wondering, there must be an easier way to get roaches out of a container to feed them then I have been using.

I have my turkistan roaches in a large plastic container with egg crates (stacked vertically) and coconut fiber, and I have been using a small vial to try and get/scoop small roaches out to feed but it doesn't work very well. There must be a better and easier way to do it. Does anyone have suggestions? How do you easily get your roaches out to feed them?

I keep egg crate pieces, too, but I also have a bunch of toilet paper rolls in there. I'll grab one of the rolls and shake it into a container. I'll feed my insectivores from the roaches in that container (tongs usually).

1 person likes this

I agree. Paper towel or toilet paper roll. That's what I did when I used lobster roaches. Alot will run out when you remove it but usually enough left to feed from. With my hissers a have plastic plants (they are in a display tank). The nymphs hide is them. Just a quick shake into a cup and I'm ready to roll. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0