Dorylaea orini in Disneyland? (kind of graphic dead roach photos be warned)

So I recently went to Disneyland and found this smushed roach in the California Adventure park and then I found another unfortunately smushed one in the main park. I was reading Hisserdude's post about Dorylaea orini today and this guy sure looks like one. I think it would be pretty funny to collect roaches from disneyland since they make themselves look so clean and pest free and it would also be fun to collect a bunch of them and selectively breed them to have a certain feature and call them  Dorylaea orini "Disney" or something like that.

I could just be getting my hopes up but oh well :P

ytT_P_uUO_P0xoqvfgkh1uLMxuYtBhoN0Q34mNbMTGd-8RBHv9mRx3_--QkA8aLGHas6TaO5sDUZFlMGQcIW-VDNe1QVxsoOlST4iCwmKOBoAFqq5gcywDgt7Ct59CMydrpuClPAIZyTVbjCGLVQl81BX-pNXTYlC79GSmG6gsstc7rqm-l50xtSicCuXJKiTJPQrMh_ehSzJCyLrakxO9Vh1BHOb1MGxdMRw_vIav2Ai2KgbIylhkSuMEFBuLd74S23FkDeCz0qau09

• Like 1

That is a Periplaneta americana. I've seen a few with that color scheme. I'm surprised it had, and then lost it's balls for being day active...

Breeding these guys for color And size maybe kinda fun.

If your still in the area, perhaps it's time to roach hunt. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tleilaxu said:

That is a Periplaneta americana. I've seen a few with that color scheme. I'm surprised it had, and then lost it's balls for being day active...

Breeding these guys for color And size maybe kinda fun.

If your still in the area, perhaps it's time to roach hunt. ;)

8 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Yeah, just P.americana, D.orini has not been introduced to the US in the wild yet. 

too bad it isn't D.orini but still a cool roach =)
Unfortunately I'm not still there but if I get the chance again I will go roach hunting for these guys and do my best to selectively breed them!

• Like 1