Best pet cockroach for me?

1 hour ago, RoachesAreCute said:

I am looking for a cockroach that doesn't fly or climb, is easily handled, and doesn't hiss. Any suggestions?

Hemiblabera tenebricosa, Polyphaga saussurei, all Eublaberus species, all Ergaula species, all Lucihormetica species, Archimandrita tesselata, and all Byrsotria species fit your requirements well. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All About Insects said:

Hemiblabera tenebricosa, Polyphaga saussurei, all Eublaberus species, all Ergaula species, all Lucihormetica species, Archimandrita tesselata, and all Byrsotria species fit your requirements well. :) 

Actually Lucihormetica adults and Ergaula males seem to climb pretty well, but the nymphs of both species certainly can't! However Lucihormetica are heavily inclined to burrow rather than climb, and they are pretty slow moving, so I'd definitely recommend them as a good pet genus. :)

2 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Actually Lucihormetica adults and Ergaula males seem to climb pretty well, but the nymphs of both species certainly can't! However Lucihormetica are heavily inclined to burrow rather than climb, and they are pretty slow moving, so I'd definitely recommend them as a good pet genus. :)

Dang, you're right! Lol I guess I kind of forgot about the climbing abilities of Lucihormetica since my individuals are always under decor/substrate. 

59 minutes ago, All About Insects said:

Dang, you're right! Lol I guess I kind of forgot about the climbing abilities of Lucihormetica since my individuals are always under decor/substrate. 

Yeah, my Lucihormetica only ever come out at night, and they usually run/dig for cover as soon as I open the cage. :)

• Like 1