Hisser nymph burrowing in substrate?

On another post, a user mentioned that hissers do not burrow. However, one of my new immature Hisser roaches is burrowing into the substrate slightly and hiding himself. Is it possible he's not a Hisser? I mean, he makes noise at me... He was sold to me as a Hisser. 

I can post a picture if that will help.

Is this behavior a sign of something wrong with either the roach or his environment? He doesn't look like he's about to molt and he doesn't seem sick. I saw him eating and drinking earlier. Can I do anything to stop him or is it just something he'll work out on his own, so to speak?

If he's hissing and he was sold to you as a hisser he is most likely a hisser, as for burowing my hissers hormally don't do it but some of my young nymphs will on occasion. It's just a roach being a roach nothing to worry about, the main thing is that he is eating. :)

Sometimes nymphs will hide in loose substrate, it's fairly normal, they don't usually completely cover themselves in substrate though, and definitely don't build burrows.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was in the process of moving my roaches into a new tank to sequester one I suspected to be pregnant. At one point in the move there were no hides in her i returned to her having buried herself in the substrate to hide. So I have observed similar behavior in an adult if that means anything to you.

It seams like they would do that, even adult Blaberus will try to hide under the soil normally they prefer to be on a cork flat

I also have adult hissers that will bury themselves by digging into the substrate. I mostly see it with E. javanica and E. chopardi. They don't dig down far - just enough to cover their bodies and feel secure. On my end it seems to happen when I have more roaches than there are hiding spots. And, it's mostly all females who do this. I've also seen G. oblongonota females do this. And the nymphs seem to go anywhere they can fit, even in loose bedding.