Shipping question

So I have been thinking about putting some stuff up for trade. I know roaches do fine through the USPS. What about tararantulas? I have two, possibly 4 different Tarantula I would like to trade for roaches or other inverts. I had to pay overnight shipping 40$ flat fee to get them. 

I'm my opinion just ship them through usps even if spiders arnt allowed. They won't know what's in there. I may be interested in doing a trade for some of your roaches and tarantulas depending on the species, I am willing to trade anything in my for sale add, you can pm me if you like or we can talk hear

12 hours ago, Redmont said:

I'm my opinion just ship them through usps even if spiders arnt allowed. They won't know what's in there. I may be interested in doing a trade for some of your roaches and tarantulas depending on the species, I am willing to trade anything in my for sale add, you can pm me if you like or we can talk hear

Just playing devil's advocate here: You likely won't get caught, but if you do, the fines and penalties can be quite harsh, including jail time. I'm sure the Postmaster General's office has more dangerous items to worry about like drugs and guns, but if you got caught.... Just saying. Think about it before you take that chance. There's a reason that the reputable tarantula dealers insist upon FedEx. 

• Like 1

Very true, and since we don't discuss things that violate law on the board so I'm sure this post will be taken down. Which is fine since I answered my own question. :)