5 new roach species in the US hobby!

Redmont

1 hour ago, specimen24-6 said:

Ha, you better have something of equal value by the the time I get a colony established :P

six months ha. They must live for quite a while. 

I'm sure I will... ;)

My C.pygmaea females are still plodding around after over a year of being mature, so I'd expect the same from C.magnifica.

46 minutes ago, Psydeus565 said:

Laxta tillyardi

Luribltta trivittata

Eucorydia aenea dasytoides

Prosoplecta sp.

Polyzosteria mitchelli 

None of those species

1 hour ago, All About Insects said:

Oh, sorry, didn't see this reply. lol

Guesses:

Lobopterella pallipes

Lobopterella princisi

Morphna amplipennis

Morphna badia

Morphna auriculata

Morphna pustulata

Morphna plana

Morphna clypeata

Morphna decolyi

Morphna humeralis

Morphna imperatorial

Morphna lucida

Lupparia adimonialis

Lupparia celebica

Lupparia diamesa

Lupparia eximia

Lupparia majuscula

Lupparia ferruginea

Lupparia globosostylata

Lupparia lata

Lupparia nodigera

Lupparia silphoides

Lupparia subnotulata

Lupparia testacea

Lupparia unguiculata

Lupparia yunnanea

None of those species, very close though 

2 hours ago, specimen24-6 said:

Onychostylus orientalis

Morphna dotata 

yes I do have magnifica, but I only have one female and she's the only females I got, hope she's gravid or I find a male for her. If I ever do get a colony established, I'll gladly trade. 

Dang Morphna dotata is one of the new species I'm going to import, o'well I guess I will try to make them more established in culture then, so that means I will be getting 4 new species in the hobby and 4 Rare species in the hobby which is still good. Is there a common name for this species?

What is Onychostylus orientailis I can't find anything on google if there rare I'd also be interested in trading or buying them as well.

as for magnifica I will see what I can do to see if my importer can import any.

Craziest guess 

Archiblatta hoevenii 

Not that species 

Ha, you better have something of equal value by the the time I get a colony established :P

six months ha. They must live for quite a while. 

I'll be ready and waiting:ph34r:

Less than 12 hours before I unvail the 3 new roach species!!! I don't think anyone will sleep well tonight except me lol.

14 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

I'm sure I will... ;)

My C.pygmaea females are still plodding around after over a year of being mature, so I'd expect the same from C.magnifica.

I googled C. pygmaea and a small monkey the size of a hand showed up lol

1 minute ago, All About Insects said:

@Hisserdude already guessed that though.

Didn't know that, it's hard to keep track of these posts I'm starting to get lost in this thread. Have mercy on those who just started reading this, and I haven't even given the sientific names yet

16 minutes ago, Redmont said:

Dang Morphna dotata is one of the new species I'm going to import, o'well I guess I will try to make them more established in culture then, so that means I will be getting 4 new species in the hobby and 4 Rare species in the hobby which is still good. Is there a common name for this species?

What is Onychostylus orientailis I can't find anything on google if there rare I'd also be interested in trading or buying them as well.

I think when he said Morphna dotata, he was making a guess, not saying he had that species. :P May be wrong though.

And yeah I guessed Morphna dotata earlier, if I have to choose though I definitely pick the free group of Corydidarum sp. "Yunnan"! :lol:

12 minutes ago, Redmont said:

I googled C. pygmaea and a small monkey the size of a hand showed up lol

LOL well I definitely don't have any pet monkeys, that's for sure! :P Corydidarum pygmaea is what I have, the "roly poly roach". :)

2 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

I think when he said Morphna dotata, he was making a guess, not saying he had that species. :P May be wrong though.

And yeah I guessed Morphna dotata earlier, if I have to choose though I definitely pick the free group of Corydidarum sp. "Yunnan"! :lol:

Hopefully he doesn't have Morphna dotata, if he doesn't he'll get a free group of them.

3 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

LOL well I definitely don't have any pet monkeys, that's for sure! :P Corydidarum pygmaea is what I have, the "roly poly roach". :)

Awesome, they are on my wish list I'll have to pick them up from you sometime 

21 minutes ago, Redmont said:

I don't have Morphna dotata nor the other roach I listed. The only rare one I got is C. Magnifica.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Redmont said:

Awesome, they are on my wish list I'll have to pick them up from you sometime 

It will probably be quite a while until I have some available, once I do though I'd be happy to trade/sell you some! ;)

10 minutes ago, specimen24-6 said:

I don't have Morphna dotata nor the other roach I listed. The only rare one I got is C. Magnifica.

Sence you guessed the species you can get a Free starter pack of these guys once I get them breeding, I'll probably get these guys the month after this import 

• Like 1

I honestly doubt I'll guess the other leaf mimic, but maybe Pseudophoraspis nebulosa, Pseudophoraspis congrua, or Pseudophoraspis fruhstorferi?

I'll also throw out Methana soror, Methana marginalisMethana curvigera, and Methana convexa.

One of the species is Pseudophoraspis nebulosa I can get you a starter pack of them if you like, I will probably get these guys in the month after this import 

• Like 1

Hear Is a. List of 5 new roach species that I will be importing in the US hobby, it may take a few months to import all of them because they are expensive to import and I'm importing some very exciting other arthropods, I may have a few other species of roaches in the works but nothing is confirmed as of now

•Cordidarum sp. Yunnan

I will be the second person in the world to import these, these are the third species of Corydidarum in the hobby, hopefully I can get the other species in the hobby. Here is a few things my supplier has to say about them "they are either a new species or a described species. They are a bit smaller than Corydidarum magnifica. Males look a bit different. The females are also a bit smaller at 2cm instead of 3cm magnifica."

•Paranauphoeta sp. these look close to the species Kyle imported but one difference I notice is instead of a white border around the shield of the head (I forget the name to it) it has 2 stripes going down the shield and maybe it does have a small white outline but I can't really tell from the pic. These need a comon name as well, I'm open to opinions 

•Pseudophoraspis epilamprinae

these are a light tan leaf mimic they also need a comon name, it will be easier to give them common names once I get pics of them up

•Pseudophoraspis nebulosus 

These are a darker leaf mimic and they may have ever so slightly small freckles on there wings, I was thinking of calling these guys nebulous roaches and it fits with the scientific name any thoughts?

•Morphna dotata these are black with ever so slightly light red legs these also need a common name as far as I know

now for the species I can import that are already in the hobby but are rare

•Panesthia angustipennis cognata I'm wondering if anyone ever gave these guys s comon name or not? If not I feel we should give both Panesthia a common name 

•Panesthia antennata brachypterus

i will most likely be selling both Panesthia sp. for $60 a pair. I should get a shipment of them in at the end of the month, if you guys are interested in these species please contact me and it would be best to make the payment in advance to reserve these for you guys (I'm hoping I will be able to sex them I am receaving them as adults, if you make payments now I will have more money to make a larger import and there for got these species in the hobby faster.

•Macropanesthia rhinoceros the rhino cockroach I have these avalable for sale in the classified section if anyone is interested. :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Redmont said:

One of the species is Pseudophoraspis nebulosa I can get you a starter pack of them if you like, I will probably get these guys in the month after this import 

Yes, Yes, Yes! Thank you man! :D 

@Redmont very nice man, very nice! :D

BTW, there are actually at least four species of Corydidarum established in culture, C.magnifica, C.pygmaea, C.tarsalis, and C.sp. "Yunnan". Those are the ones I know of, there could be more that people are keeping behind the scenes.

Those Paranauphoeta sound like P.lyrata to me, am I correct? 

Be careful with the Pseudophoraspis and Morphna species, while they may seem really easy to keep and breed at first, many of the Epilamprinae can be prone to culture crashes once the culture size gets too big, they are extremely sensitive to a buildup of frass and other filth. Rhabdoblatta formosana and Epilampra maya are two prime example of such species.

As for the Panesthia angustipennis cognota, I believe the accepted common name is "Orangeback roach". :)

Dang, I really want those Panesthia.a.cognota at one point, I really need to stock up on rotten wood for them though!! :unsure:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hisserdude said:

Be careful with the Pseudophoraspis and Morphna species, while they may seem really easy to keep and breed at first, many of the Epilamprinae can be prone to culture crashes once the culture size gets too big, they are extremely sensitive to a buildup of frass and other filth. Rhabdoblatta formosana and Epilampra maya are two prime example of such species.

Does this need to be manually removed to stop the problem? Might a combo of cleanup crews or a bunch of ventilation + vertical refuges eliminate the problem?