cf. Alloniscus perconvexus - "COMMANDO ISOPOD"

dactylus

Hello,

Are there any isopod collectors in California or elsewhere working with this species:  http://www.roachcrossing.com/for-sale/non-roach/commando-isopod/

I know that Kyle must still be busy with setting up shop in a new location as I have not been able to elicit a response from him.  Life is complicated and "things happen", which I understand completely!!

If anyone is working with this species please get in touch with me.  Thank you!

David

Nope, didn't purchase any. I actually just moved so I'm trying to settle in before picking up any new inverts. Still hoping to get this species at some point though. 

When I inquired about them a bit over a month ago, he said that he'd sold so many that he'd been getting in wild caught individuals regularly to revamp his colony. Someone on this forum is bound to have some, just have to find out exactly who. :ph34r:

47 minutes ago, All About Insects said:

When I inquired about them a bit over a month ago, he said that he'd sold so many that he'd been getting in wild caught individuals regularly to revamp his colony. Someone on this forum is bound to have some, just have to find out exactly who. :ph34r:

Thanks for the info.  For one thing it is nice that you heard from Kyle.  I've sent him several e-mails in the last 6 months and I haven't heard a peep...

OK, who's hoarding the Alloniscus perconvexus?  :)   I would love to try my hand with them.

1 hour ago, dactylus said:

Thanks for the info.  For one thing it is nice that you heard from Kyle.  I've sent him several e-mails in the last 6 months and I haven't heard a peep...

OK, who's hoarding the Alloniscus perconvexus?  :)   I would love to try my hand with them.

I'd recommend shooting him a PM on Facebook, I've found him to be 100% more responsive chatting there rather than by e-mail. :) However, he has dropped off the face of the internet recently, so I doubt anyone will be able to get ahold of him right now. :( 

Yea, put your Alloniscus where we can see 'em! LOL