What weird foods have you tried?

Betta132

Yesterday I put a small, dried-up, dead lizard (kudos of a cat) into my domino roach enclosure to see if they wanted it. They don't seem to be too interested yet, but it got me curious. 

What other weird foods have people tried with their roaches? I've also given my dominoes dried krill, usually used in fish treats, and they aren't too interested but will eventually eat it. I assume people have tried giving their roaches table scraps, too. 

I've given my giant cave roaches coconut and they absolutely loved it. I also gave them some old pinkies which they absalutly go crazy for, I've put one in before and came back in less than 8 minutes and it was completely gone :blink: of course I do have a couple hundred right now with many more on the way :lol::wacko::blink:

I'd imagine anything native to caves will happily eat anything that they can physically consume, especially dead bodies. 

If you get the chance, you should try giving them a medium-sized animal head, something like hand-sized, and see if they clean the skull off for you. They'll love the protein, and the small ones can probably get in and clean out the braincase for you. 

I bet they'd clean the skull fairly well, I have frozen mice and medium rats, I'd probably throw in a mouse, I bet they'd eat it all, there would just be a pile of bones left.