Question on grubs

Dubia4Life

Hey everyone, I've been looking for ways to identify 'good' from 'bad' grubs. What I mean is: how the heck can I identify commonly kept pet species from say just your run of the mill lawn grub? I've found a couple pretty big (nowhere near as big as say a dynastes tityus larva...) grubs and a few extremely small ones but I have no idea where to identify some of them... I've tried bugguide and that wasn't very helpful. If I could figure out how to post pictures I might upload some if anyone can help identify them.

thanks! -Joshua

Okay that helps a bit. I have a few pictures of some grubs that were underneath my rabbit hutch and after comparing them to other pictures and considering what species live/breed in my area I am still clueless. I did notice that a few adult cotinis beetles were found in the same exact area as these grubs... don't know if means anything though.

Where they in soil or rotting wood? That could be a clue to there identity with the beetles you saw 

I know regular June beetles are found in soil so it may be the same with them? I’d keep the grubs in compost soil or topsoil with leaf litter mixed in, or just use the soil you found them in, I’m sure it’s composted.

cool, you should put some up for sale. I beleave they need cracked bird seed on top of the soil in order to mature