AmyLynn

Hi everyone!

I started this odd hobby when my biology teacher offered me a few baby roaches from her colony. They lived in my office so when kids got sent to the principal's office, they'd have something to look at while I talked with them about their life choices. ;)  Anyway, when she moved, she didn't have a place for her colony to live, so I offered to take it home. I had already left that school myself, and didn't realize how many I was saying yes to. I went from having 7 roaches, to having way over 100! 

I found a few folks online willing to take a bunch of my hands, and I'd down to a more reasonable amount. I ship out more every time new babies are born. I have three separate enclosures for them and I can't believe how much I've learned in such a short time. I'm hoping to start doing some educational sessions with kids at my niece's school which is super exciting! I do sell some from time to time, and am more than happy to send babies out to anyone interested. 

I'm happy to have found a place to share my experiences with the hissers, and learn from all of you.

AmyLynn

• Like 1

Welcome!

And no, I do not think roachkeeping is an odd hobby at all. They seem like the terrestrial equivalent of tropical fishes and shrimps to me; the truly odd part is why so many people are blinded by prejudice and think the pest roaches are the only species that exist.

AlexW, former "guest"

• Like 1