Hissers in film & tv?

DPO

Hey!

It had always been my understanding that hissers were the most prominently used roaches in fictional film and tv - though since my mate asked me for examples for an assignment he is doing, all I can really think of is Starship Troopers?

Could you guys add to the list? As many as possible! Would be greatly appreciated by my frustrated mind AND my mate who needs the info :)

Thank you! 

Well, hissers seem to be sometimes used as substitutes for the "pest" species. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockroaches_in_popular_culture

Unfortunately, Wikipedia seems notorious for excessively long-winded and irrelevant "popular culture" sections, but it might still help.

Also, I know this is not fiction, but Guinness World Records does have a famous hisser-eating contest. I strongly disapprove of it, though; it seems more like a "daredevil stunt" than anything else, and seems to promote the idea that harmless insects are disgusting and nasty.

AlexW

• Like 1

Guest Justbrowsing

They were used in the first Men In Black movie. I literally just started searching about trying to find somewhere to buy some again after watching the movie today and came across your post. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, Guest Justbrowsing said:
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:45 PM, Guest Justbrowsing said:

They were used in the first Men In Black movie. I literally just started searching about trying to find somewhere to buy some again after watching the movie today and came across your post. 

Yah that movie so old .. those hissers might be " pure " hahahaha !!! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damnation Alley and Godzilla (2014) ... you know, because of radiation. Because all roaches exposed to fallout become Madagascar hissing roaches, right? 

51JD0ckFhbL._SY445_.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 7:45 PM, Guest Justbrowsing said:

They killed so many though!!