1 hour ago, emmett said:

they are both heaving and i can see white between their exoskeleton pieces but the shell part is turning black im terrified lmao is this normal

The heaving part makes me think they are right about to molt, the exoskeleton turning black worries me though... Keep us updated on them!

Hmm, while it does kinda look like he may molt, he also looks like an adult to me, TBH... Maybe try keeping them warmer and see how they do!

Really, 1 inch!? He seems to have rather prominent horns and adult coloration for a nymph, and his antennae look really fuzzy already, I think you just have a runt adult male.

i misted the enclosure (not over the roaches or where they were sitting, more towards the wall and empty spaces of the tank) and they both when crazy, running all over the place. its the most active theyve ever been. I dont understand, this isnt the first time I've misted them

On 12/9/2017 at 10:22 PM, emmett said:

i misted the enclosure (not over the roaches or where they were sitting, more towards the wall and empty spaces of the tank) and they both when crazy, running all over the place. its the most active theyve ever been. I dont understand, this isnt the first time I've misted them

How much humidity do you have and what is their normal water source? Were they running around drinking the droplets off where you sprayed?

i apologize for not responding, i havent been online for personal reasons lately. 

their digital reader says 50% humidity and 80°F. 

when i mist them they just run around and hide, they dont seem to drink from the sides. their regular water source would be the misting, insect water gel, and i put in juicy foods like oranges that have been squished by my thumb.

• 3 weeks later...

I love seeing the excitement of a new keeper seeing their nymphs grow. Just wait, 6 months from now you'll be as bad as the rest of us with 20+ species numbering in the thousands lol. 

50 minutes ago, emmett said:

I wish lol! Ive wanted hissing cockroaches since I was a little kid, Im so in love with them already and now that I have some Im even more in love ?

It's all downhill from here. Lol! Welcome to addi(hobby)ction.

5 hours ago, emmett said:

update!!!

they both molted two days ago! They seem perfectly fine now! :D

Yay, glad to hear it! :D Hope they continue to do well for you!