Some of my roach displays.

I thought I would post some pics of my roach displays. Unfortunately at this time only the pantanals have enough adults to be seen. I want to fix a back drop but I’m not sure what to do yet. The big empty is a 29 gallon Blaberus fusca, the other 29 is Eublaberus “pantanal” and then a 3 gallon with Gyna caffrorum.

57A8B88A-0ED6-4165-A119-AECB7A21C754.jpeg

E744DAD2-F798-4719-BDCC-8DED02655884.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Yes a tank full of roaches in much more impressive then one full of shy nymphs. The funny one is the small gyna tank. You see nothing but mist it and tiny nymphs go scattering.

Oh they are fun. When you sprinkle food on the substrate the nymphs and adults come pouring out of the ground like zombies, grabbing the oats and dragging it down into the depths. The adults from time to time go nuts! Running all over the tank full speeds. I’m guessing it’s cause some freshly molted female roaches have emerged. 

Interesting, and nice display!  I've noticed  Periplaneta americana doing that going crazy state at night right before a storm, I assumed with the dip in barometric pressure.  Their parties were so loud they often woke me up.  Ever notice a similar correlation?  

12 hours ago, Marlon said:

Interesting, and nice display!  I've noticed  Periplaneta americana doing that going crazy state at night right before a storm, I assumed with the dip in barometric pressure.  Their parties were so loud they often woke me up.  Ever notice a similar correlation?  

I will have to take note next time of the weather. But yes it is crazy noisy.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:29 PM, Marlon said:

I've never noticed any change in activities due to weather changes, but I've always caught the most either before or a few hours after a rainstorm. But Periplaneta species are some of my favorite roaches.