Gromphadorhina oblongonota

ChiManSam

• 2 years later...

Yes, G. oblongota are available for purchase -- and they are amazing. So huge and very prone to "hissy fits." I recommend placing a wanted ad in the classifieds to find a breeder. I have a handful of small nymphs available, but you might want to find someone with adult pairs to jump start your colony. If you're interested, send me a private message. 

15 hours ago, Gromphadorhini said:

What an ugly population you have! :(

Very clearly Gromphadorhina hybrids, even mixes of the more unique species end up looking like these over time. 

Also, BTW, this is quite an old thread, probably won't get much response from the OP. 

17 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Ясно, что  гибриды Gromphadorhina , даже смеси более уникальных видов, в конечном итоге выглядят как эти. 

Yes, unfortunately, the problem of hybridization is very acute. It is necessary to strictly label cultures and by all means prevent hybridization.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gromphadorhini said:

Yes, unfortunately, the problem of hybridization is very acute. It is necessary to strictly label cultures and by all means prevent hybridization.

Exactly, as mislabeled hybrid stocks are severely damaging the availability of pure stock... Especially when people decide to "strengthen" their bloodlines of pure stock, (an unnecessary measure IMO), and accidentally mix in hybrids to their colony... 😕

15 hours ago, Hisserdude said:

Exactly, as mislabeled hybrid stocks are severely damaging the availability of pure stock... Especially when people decide to "strengthen" their bloodlines of pure stock, (an unnecessary measure IMO), and accidentally mix in hybrids to their colony... 😕

Those look like a mix of Gromphadorhina portentosa and one of the "princisia," I don't see any  G. oblongonota features.  

I think you can only destroy a pure stock by mixing other things in but usually people who have these hybrids bought them as something else.

• Like 1

8 часов назад Олпет Роуч сказал:

Они выглядят как смесь Gromphadorhina portentosa и одного из «princisia», я не вижу каких-либо   особенностей Г. oblongonota .  

Я думаю, что вы можете уничтожить только чистый запас, смешные другие вещи, но обычно люди.

Yes, indeed, the signs of Gromphadorhina oblongonota are completely invisible here. Apparently this is G. portentosa at the base of the hybrid.

17 hours ago, Allpet Roaches said:

Those look like a mix of Gromphadorhina portentosa and one of the "princisia," I don't see any  G. oblongonota features.  

I think you can only destroy a pure stock by mixing other things in but usually people who have these hybrids bought them as something else.

Yeah probably, as the OP is looking for oblongonota, I'm assuming these are just random hissers he already had, probably labeled as portentosa or whatever. 

You'd be surprised how many people nowadays think mixing in new bloodlines, regardless of the source is a good thing... 🙃 Exactly, and that's a problem, as there has been an increase in people keeping and selling mislabeled hybrid stocks, and a decrease in people buying and selling pure stocks... As many hybrid stocks breed faster than the pure bred ones and thus are available more often.