Capucinella delicatula

Xenoblatta

I think really flat roaches have become a new favorite of mine! :D Very nice species, you'd never think it was in the Epilampridae, and not the Zetoborinae. :)

• Like 2

On 3/1/2018 at 9:09 PM, Matttoadman said:

Beautiful species! What species of plant is that in with them? Is that part of their enclosure or just added for the photos?

Hey! :-)

These are bromelias... I've found the parental group in ferns of the genus Asplenium, but then I've had some troubles to get these ferns in a right size, so I used bromelias instead of in the enclosure and they seems to like it. :-D 

3 hours ago, Tleilaxu said:

Are flat roaches becoming a thing? If they blow up, we all get the pleasure of being where it all started. LOL

Well... I'm agree, maybe in some time they will be really popular :-)

41 minutes ago, Xenoblatta said:

Hey! :-)

These are bromelias... I've found the parental group in ferns of the genus Asplenium, but then I've had some troubles to get these ferns in a right size, so I used bromelias instead of in the enclosure and they seems to like it. :-D 

Well... I'm agree, maybe in some time they will be really popular :-)

Very nice. I am always on the hunt for a more alive roach terrarium. Do the nibble on them? Have you used them in with other roach species?

22 minutes ago, Matttoadman said:

Very nice. I am always on the hunt for a more alive roach terrarium. Do the nibble on them? Have you used them in with other roach species?

Nope, they don't bite the leaves :-) I've used bromelias in enclosures of some diurnal roaches as Euphyllodromia angustata and Paratropes phalerata as well, but I've finished it because they seems to be fine in barks. In the case of Capucinella, well, I think to use plants with wide soft leaves or something like that is completely necessary for them to be comfortable, otherwise they are going to look all the time for a way to escape from the enclosure :-) 

• Like 1