Xenoblatta

Capucinella delicatula

7 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

I'm sharing with you one of my favorite roaches in my collection :-) :wub:

Capucinella delicatula 

Capucinella_delicatula_0000s_0005_Xenoblatta

 

Capucinella_delicatula_0000s_0004_Xenoblatta

 

Capucinella_delicatula_0000s_0003_Xenoblatta

 

Capucinella_delicatula_0000s_0001_Xenoblatta

 

Capucinella_delicatula_0000s_0000_Xenoblatta

:wub:

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think really flat roaches have become a new favorite of mine! :D Very nice species, you'd never think it was in the Epilampridae, and not the Zetoborinae. :)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful species! What species of plant is that in with them? Is that part of their enclosure or just added for the photos?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are flat roaches becoming a thing? If they blow up, we all get the pleasure of being where it all started. LOL

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 9:09 PM, Matttoadman said:

Beautiful species! What species of plant is that in with them? Is that part of their enclosure or just added for the photos?

Hey! :-)

These are bromelias... I've found the parental group in ferns of the genus Asplenium, but then I've had some troubles to get these ferns in a right size, so I used bromelias instead of in the enclosure and they seems to like it. :-D 

3 hours ago, Tleilaxu said:

Are flat roaches becoming a thing? If they blow up, we all get the pleasure of being where it all started. LOL

Well... I'm agree, maybe in some time they will be really popular :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Xenoblatta said:

Hey! :-)

These are bromelias... I've found the parental group in ferns of the genus Asplenium, but then I've had some troubles to get these ferns in a right size, so I used bromelias instead of in the enclosure and they seems to like it. :-D 

Well... I'm agree, maybe in some time they will be really popular :-)

Very nice. I am always on the hunt for a more alive roach terrarium. Do the nibble on them? Have you used them in with other roach species?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Matttoadman said:

Very nice. I am always on the hunt for a more alive roach terrarium. Do the nibble on them? Have you used them in with other roach species?

Nope, they don't bite the leaves :-) I've used bromelias in enclosures of some diurnal roaches as Euphyllodromia angustata and Paratropes phalerata as well, but I've finished it because they seems to be fine in barks. In the case of Capucinella, well, I think to use plants with wide soft leaves or something like that is completely necessary for them to be comfortable, otherwise they are going to look all the time for a way to escape from the enclosure :-) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now