one of my male hissers has been active a lot more lately and i wanted to know if digging is normal for them. He is probably the healthiest of the four, but in all fairness Ive determined that my one roach named Cashew is a lot older. He comes from under his cork bark log thing, wanders around, and then goes to this one corner and just digs. sometimes he fills it in a little but he'll just dig for some time and then leave, returning an hour or so later. if i fill it in he does it again, only to the one corner. he also stands up in the corner as well. he cant climb up the side of the container but im working on finding some nice climby things for him and my other three roaches at a later date so they have something to ""play"" on. lol. 

i will attach pictures after i figure out how.

(all roaches are seperated. heat is an average of 78°F and the humidity is around 60% with a light misting every few days. they eat fresh fruits, veggies, and some fish flakes every now and then. he has a cork bark log, an egg carton, and a rocky little food bowl that used to have insect water gel in it, but i didnt like that. he's on ecoearth.)

this picture is of the little hole he digs. it looks like it could fit a small egg in it (idk if that description helps to tell the size of the hole)

*i apologize for the cat in the picture, all of them like to come out and watch the roaches when i take the enclosures down just to watch them and this seems to keep them from trying to jump on the shelves to get to the roaches*

20180203_030336_resized.jpg

Occasionally I've noticed slight burrowing behavior, doesn't seem to be a sign of distress, just roaches being roaches.