Termite Problem

Uhh... bag every wild non-termite blattodean within ten miles and run for your life? If you don’t, they will probably mistake every single roach for a German and charge you additional fees for the supposed infestation ;)

Just kidding, but since knowledgeable exterminators are few and far between you should be extremely cautious. If you find one that is actually sane (by pretending to be clueless and asking questions like “Will (insert harmless termite here) infest my house?”), good for you. If not...

@Matttoadman

I was a exterminator for about 5 years. It depends on the type of termites (subterranean or dry wood) and the treatment method (trenching/rodding or tenting). With that info I can help you get an idea of what to expect. 

Since your in Georgia I would assume they will be using liquid or baiting. Neither will be a problem. If they tented (fumigation) it would be a problem for everything living. I live in Kentucky and we only have subterranean termites so tenting doesn’t go one here. 

After crawling under the house and taking a closer look, I think they actually were feeding on a large piece of plywood that was sitting on the ground. I think when the alates emerged they happened to crawl up the brick and into the wall. Pretty lucky break.