lights?

I know that hissers don't react well to direct light, but I was wondering if there were a color lamp that would work well? I was thinking it could help with heating and visibility! If this is a bad idea though, I won't! (PS sorry if this is the wrong place to post this) 

I use led light strips that I can dim, as well as change the color. 
During the day I provide them with white light, but not very bright. In the evening and night I switch to red light. The latter is interesting, as roaches hardly perceive red light, and a such act like it's dark, while I can still see and observe them. 

Downside with led lights: they don't provide any useful heat, so I have to use heating pad (preferably at the back if the enclosure). 

• Like 1

I only use lights for heat sources. I do however use actual red heat bulbs. They will swarm under the lamp. I have used normal incandescent bulbs when the reds blew and the adults will get used to the brightness. 

• Like 1

I use lights on my Wide Horn Hissers tank for about a year now for display only, there always seems to be a dominate trio that is out and about even if the lights are on. Everyone else, nymphs included are hiding. I'm sure this makes the breeding slower but I don't really mind. 

• 2 weeks later...