Ootheca Question

Hi everyone!

I wanted to know if roaches ever eat ootheca because my E.decipiens female just laid one the other day and I can't seem to find it. Yesterday, I noticed it wasn't on the bark where it had been and I didn't see it on the substrate anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to know if roaches ever eat ootheca because my E.decipiens female just laid one the other day and I can't seem to find it. Yesterday, I noticed it wasn't on the bark where it had been and I didn't see it on the substrate anywhere.

Thanks for the help!

They can sometimes, though it is more likely that she just hid it really well.

They can sometimes, though it is more likely that she just hid it really well.

Well I mean she already stuck it to the corkbark but I unstuck it to look at it and then placed it back in the crevice of the cork bark and then I couldn't find it, it wouldn't re-stick it to something right?

Well I mean she already stuck it to the corkbark but I unstuck it to look at it and then placed it back in the crevice of the cork bark and then I couldn't find it, it wouldn't re-stick it to something right?

No, yeah she may have either ate it or it fell onto the substrate and got moved around. Once they lodge it in something it's not a good idea to pull it out, or at least if you do you should move it to its own enclosure.

No, yeah she may have either ate it or it fell onto the substrate and got moved around. Once they lodge it in something it's not a good idea to pull it out, or at least if you do you should move it to its own enclosure.

Ok , that's too bad, won't move it next time. :(

My female laid another ooth today, do you guys think it will be fertile? It's the second ooth it's laid since I received it about 2 weeks ago.

Well seeing as you received her as an adult, she has probably been in contact with adult males, so the oothecae are most likely fertile. :) Hope she keeps on cranking them out!

Well seeing as you received her as an adult, she has probably been in contact with adult males, so the oothecae are most likely fertile. :) Hope she keeps on cranking them out!

Cool, so I should have some babies in a month or two! :) I hope she does to, she's on a pace for an ooth a week! :D