Stiretrus anchorago

Those are some neat little stink bugs! You know those "western conifer seed bugs" that crawl into houses in the winter? I assumed they were purely vegetarian, especially since they have that long, flimsy proboscis, until one decided to eat one of my polyphemus moth caterpillars! I've also seen green stink bugs preying on fireflies and leafhoppers.

Just looked those up... Apparently the black and white stink bugs I see in meadows are the same species, just a different color form. They sure look different.

Edit: and apparently there's totally black ones too! And orange ones. And ones that are mostly black with a small amount of red. What a variable bug!

Beautiful! Love seeing the predatory true bugs you keep! :)

Thanks :) Stay tuned for more predatory bugs I might be getting in few months!

Wow those are gorgeous!

Thanks :) I find them to be one of the prettiest predatory stink bug I've seen

Just looked those up... Apparently the black and white stink bugs I see in meadows are the same species, just a different color form. They sure look different.

Edit: and apparently there's totally black ones too! And orange ones. And ones that are mostly black with a small amount of red. What a variable bug!

That's awesome! Any chance you'll be able to collect some and take pics of?

• 2 weeks later...