Need pictures of Parcoblatta species

Hello. I caught some Parcoblatta and I cannot find pictures of many of the species. I might have four species of Parcoblatta right now. Can somebody post some pictures of P. zebra, P. lata, P. fulvescens, P. caudellia and P. notha? If you can post pictures of any of the other species of Parcoblatta I would love to see them too! :D

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Thank you for the pictures! I took some picture today. Here.

7182151_orig.jpg

I guess this female is a Parcoblatta uhleriana. They are the most common here.

6620940_orig.jpg

Different, bigger female.

307829_orig.jpg

I do not know if these orange males are P. uhleriana or P. lata.

5964768_orig.jpg

8965045_orig.jpg

I am guessing that this one is a P. virginica male. They are a lot smaller (just slightly bigger than the P. bolliana males) than the other males and they have the dark head. They are faster too.

8753289_orig.jpg

Here is a P. bolliana or what I think is a P. bolliana. Adult male.

2543979_orig.jpg

I do not know what these are. Most of the big orange males I think came from black nymphs which I thought were I. deropeltiformis.

574043_orig.jpg

4486334_orig.jpg

2569880_orig.jpg

Here are an adult female and adult male of what I think are P. bolliana.

3384925_orig.jpg

Adult male P. virginica and P. bolliana.

5529569_orig.jpg

Adult female P. virginica (they are small).

2646544_orig.jpg

Maybe this one is a P. uhleriana.

9886370_orig.jpg

I am hoping that the black one on top is Ischnoptera deropeltiformis.

9029946_orig.jpg

8574653_orig.jpg

I know some of the big orange ones molted recently so maybe they are not the normal color yet.

7534535_orig.jpg

This one I am not sure what it is. What is this adult female? Is it P. lata? It molted over a day ago (yesterday in the daytime).

441401_orig.jpg

5686792_orig.jpg

This male was slightly different in color. A few of the big orange males are smaller than normal and some have different color like this (did not get a good look so not sure exactly how).

6499493_orig.jpg

Here is that female again.

8120333_orig.jpg

I caught this P. virginica in leaves with P. uhleriana. They are tiny! She was chewing on me while I was taking a picture.....so it was hard to take a pic without shaking so much

3910863_orig.jpg

One of the big orange males.

6044265_orig.jpg

Can anybody identify these?

8120333_orig.jpg

Might be virginica or even fulvescens cause some of the males in the pics u posted look similar to fulvescens males.

I don't think u have any I. deropeltiformis in the pics. There might be some Pseudomops nymphs in there by the way.

Any plan on selling some P. uhleriana?

Very interesting! I do not think she is a P. virginica or a P. fulviscens. She is a lot bigger than the P. virginica (close to P. uhleriana size). She has slightly different wings from P. fulviscens. Yes, I can sell some P. uhleriana if they start breeding. It seems to be dryer now outside than it used to be a few months ago and because of that I think there are fewer roaches. I am having a hard time finding many roaches, I mean I can easily find some but just not very many. Are the P. uhleriana common in your area?

Is this one that looks like the Pseudomops?

4486334_orig.jpg

Very interesting! I do not think she is a P. virginica or a P. fulviscens. She is a lot bigger than the P. virginica (close to P. uhleriana size). She has slightly different wings from P. fulviscens. Yes, I can sell some P. uhleriana if they start breeding. It seems to be dryer now outside than it used to be a few months ago and because of that I think there are fewer roaches. I am having a hard time finding many roaches, I mean I can easily find some but just not very many. Are the P. uhleriana common in your area?

Is this one that looks like the Pseudomops?

4486334_orig.jpg

I don't think P. uhleriana is present in my area (they do occur in my state but I haven't seen any yet).

How much are you asking for a pair of P. uhleriana adults? I'm interested in about two pairs :)

That one does look very similar to the Pseudomops I have right now :)

Only two pairs? I think I can find more than that. I will look today. Can you tell what the P. uhleriana adult males look like? You live in Alabama right? Just pay for the shipping and I will send them to you. How much do you think the shipping will be?

I found another adult female P. uhleriana today. It is harder than I thought. I do not think I can get very many. The places I go to do not have anymore roaches. I need to find other places. I have only one adult female Ischnoptera deropeltiformis so I need a male and I hope one of them are I. deropeltiformis lol. I think I found some more of the ones that look like the Pseudomops. Do you want me to send some now or in the future if they breed?

I found another adult female P. uhleriana today. It is harder than I thought. I do not think I can get very many. The places I go to do not have anymore roaches. I need to find other places. I have only one adult female Ischnoptera deropeltiformis so I need a male and I hope one of them are I. deropeltiformis lol. I think I found some more of the ones that look like the Pseudomops. Do you want me to send some now or in the future if they breed?

I would love to get some adults soon so that I can not only breed them but I would be able to send some to Zephyr on June. Do you think it will be possible to send me 2 or more pairs of adults?

PS This one might be the P. uhleriana male. Was this specimen black when he was nymph?

6044265_orig.jpg

Okay. I do not know if that one was black as a nymph (I got him as an adult). I have one sub-adult male nymph that is black and has that little brown spot close to the tip of the abdomen on top. Another sub-adult male roach molted yesterday and it was dark rusty brown like this black one on top. It did not have that brown spot and it was less shiny. I found these P. uhleriana like roaches in thick white oak and red oak like leaves.

9029946_orig.jpg

These are the best pictures I can get. I am scared that I am going to kill them holding them like this. Are these two pictures good enough to find out what species they are? This male is limping and his front legs do not work now. My hands a shaky. What are the P. uhleriana supposed to have?

918570_orig.jpg

8638927_orig.jpg

I do not know what they mean here.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/31624

"Adult male P. uhleriana and P. fulvescens have a pair of structures on the median segment (and not the first abdominal segment). These structures do not meet in the midline to form a ridge. The wings are markedly broader than the pronotum in P. uhleriana, and only slightly broader in P. fulvescens. The small dark structures on median segment of this cockroach can be seen:"

Please could you explain what they mean? Like what the ridge looks like. I might be able to look at them quickly without out hurting them and see what they are.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is a strange one. It laid an ootheca that looked like the other P. uhleriana. But she has smaller and more round wings. I think she is the smallest of them all. Cariblatta your P. uhleriana should be laying oothecae by now. Have they?

1274183_orig.jpg

1395172_orig.jpg

4158661_orig.jpg

2268613_orig.jpg

Same female on the bottom, different female on top.

4839874_orig.jpg