Parcoblatta fulvescens

Cariblatta

I guess you won't need any then?

That's exactly how mine look, nice blackish abdomens on the girls. You might keep an eye on them and see if you notice any mild aggression from adult females. There are papers noting it on this species and I have witnessed mature females chasing other females, males, and late instars of both sexes while appearing to try to nip at the other roach's legs. I've never seen the pursuing female catch another roach to see what happens.

I guess you won't need any then?

That's exactly how mine look, nice blackish abdomens on the girls. You might keep an eye on them and see if you notice any mild aggression from adult females. There are papers noting it on this species and I have witnessed mature females chasing other females, males, and late instars of both sexes while appearing to try to nip at the other roach's legs. I've never seen the pursuing female catch another roach to see what happens.

I definitely need them for comparisons because the ones you have looked somewhat different from mine. I'm not sure if it has to do with variation but I would like to compare yours with mine to see the difference :)

Mine are surprisingly calm toward each other. I have seen some aggressions during feeding time but other than that, they have been nice to each other.

Interesting. I don't see any aggression out of nymphs or even males.I'm not absolutely 100% certain mine are P. fulvescens, but that's what the males match up with and it is widely distributed.

Interesting. I don't see any aggression out of nymphs or even males.I'm not absolutely 100% certain mine are P. fulvescens, but that's what the males match up with and it is widely distributed.

Now that I think about it, I only have a single adult female for now and rest of them are subadult nymphs (with the exception of one adult male that emerged few days ago) so that might be why I don't see any aggressions yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I did not know. You do have Parcoblatta with the four dots that look like P. fulvescens.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/792623

Do the P. fulvescens always have big wings that almost touch each other? And the unknown species wings farther apart and smaller?

That's the usual case though it won't apply to the ones with deformed wings or some wing related abnormality.

Wow, ok. I might have had females of each type of wings and the smaller winged one's wings would vary in size. But I am not sure, the pictures of both of yours look similar.

Oh...I thought you were talking about the males. Females don't seem to show too much differences saved for the fact that the possible caudelli ones tend to be much smaller than fulvescens and usually lack red markings on their abdomens.