Breeding Phengodes?

Once the eggs hatch I would try offering them a variety of millipede species and see which kind they like best. I don't think they care if they're prey is larger than they are.

Very interesting creatures. They sure take insect gender roles to the extreme, don't they?

Yep I agree with S.S.S, and you should probably try baby millipeds as well. Hope you can breed them, they seem like a really cool species! :)

Once the eggs hatch I would try offering them a variety of millipede species and see which kind they like best. I don't think they care if they're prey is larger than they are.

Very interesting creatures. They sure take insect gender roles to the extreme, don't they?

Thanks for the input :) Looks like i'll be buying couple of "each to rear" millie species soon. LOL

Sexual dimorphism in this species is really outstanding! A friend of mine once found a male Phengodes in his tent when he was camping in Torreya state park, and he was surprised to find out that it was a same species of beetle as the Phengodes female I brought with me on the camp (to attract males).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Unfortunately I lost them all when I caught flu and was unable to get millipedes for them for a week :(

Well that sucks, I was under the impression they could go a while without food.