Need general info on my new roaches (P. aegtiaca, B. Peruvianus)

paegyptiacamainimageC.png

P. aegtiaca

I'm told that P. aegtiaca take up to two years to reach adult from newborn nymph, is this true? How long do they live as adults? and i heard that they eat mostly, leaves and protein supplement, with an occasional nibble on fruit, is this true? how long does this species incubate for? what's the best temperature and humidity for this species?

bcfperuvianusmainimageC.jpg

B. Peruvianus

How long do these take to reach adult from new born nymph? how long do they live as adults? i use water crystal gel, apples an a protein supplement for this species, is this alright? how long does this species incubate for? and whats the best temperature and humidity for this species?

Please comment some answers and thank you for your time, George.

The P.aegyptiaca can take over 2 years to grow, the adult females often live 2+ years whilst the adult males only live about 1 year. You got the dietary needs right, mostly leaves and a little bit of dog food and fruits. They like their cage to be dry, I keep one corner moist but others say this is unnecessary if you give them moist foods such as apples or carrots from time to time. They do well and will breed at room temperature. Hope this helps! :)

• Like 1

I don't know, they just don't interest me. Most other roaches do, but none of the Blaberus or Eublaberus species appeal to me. My favorite group of roaches by far are the Polyphagids. I actually don't have any hissers anymore, which is pretty ironic, given my name lol!

Yes, the heat is essential for the Blaberus. When I kept discoidalis and giganteus they simply wouldn't reproduce until I raised temps above 75 degrees. The giganteus or hybrids (wasn't ever quite sure) absolutely despised light but were active if I kept their tub under a desk in the shade.