pricing

$5. You can probably get better prices with bulk amounts.

Well im starting a "home" business starting maybe next week Monday and im going to put up fliers up at our local pet store and hand them out to people i know that have reptiles or animals that eat insects. im going to try to sell dubia, superworms, mealworms, and maybe my lateralis roaches i dont know about them yet though.

Good luck. You can also try posting some ads online with craigslist or other local classifieds.

How are the lats doing?

My parents don't really want me posting on CL but I think putting up fliers around town will help get it going.

My lateralis aren't breeding but are thriving and living. I put what I had left in a natural setup for them to live the rest of their lives or until someone buys them

That makes me a little sad that people are getting so ripped off on dubia roaches. Is it 14 nymphs for $20? I don't believe that. Maybe if they were 14 adult females the price would be a little more fair.

i asked for 12 females and 2 males but got 8 males and 6 females. BUT i went to a reptile show in September that year and got 48 females and over 300 tiny nymphs for $20. Then i got 90 females 60 males and over 600 large nymphs for free on CL

Not everyone wants to or knows to buy online. When I first got mine I think it was like $40 for a pair of hybrid hissers and two pair of dubia. In the three years the shop had been open, they were her first roaches and she sold me the ones she had planned to breed. At the time it was worth it to me, because there was no doubts in mailordering something that I had no experiance in. The local reptile shows never had them, nor did any other pet shop. What she's selling now are offspring of species I gave to her (gave, not sold, because I know how much she loves bugs) and honestly, they aren't selling because it grosses normal customers too much.

I just hope that people realize that these animals are way better than crickets and they make great pets. they really need to realize that the media has put so much bad on them that people are not properly informed on the benefits of having them.

Amen to that! I must be more tired than anyone of all the bad publicity that our poor roaches get. People are so incredibly narrow-minded.