New Guy

entity

Hey everybody,

I am a newb, i am just getting into the scientificnames and everything for roaches. And i want to get some but not sure where to start. The bigger the better! for me anyway. What is a good starter do u guys think?

If you want a big, easy to keep roach I would suggest any of the Madagascan hisser speices, Blaberus are also a blast and some species can get quite large! Hemiblabera tenebricosa is a great species to keep, they are very easy to care for, get big, and are nice for handling.

Blaberus collosus is my recommendation. They are big, easy to care for, and are sure to scare/impress your non-roach-hobby friends. Either that or any cockroaches in the genus (that's the first word in the scientific name) Gromphadorhina. These are your classic hissing cockroaches. They too get big, are easy to care for, and some (like Gromphadorhina grandidieri) are stunning! You can't beat the personality of a hissing roach!

Thanks a lot guys! i will be back with a lot more questions im sure. Off topic though, im getting used to this forum...Why wont it let me like any comments? is says ive reach my quota. and how to why wont it show in my notifications when someone replys to a thread im involved in?

Thanks

Thanks a lot guys! i will be back with a lot more questions im sure. Off topic though, im getting used to this forum...Why wont it let me like any comments? is says ive reach my quota. and how to why wont it show in my notifications when someone replys to a thread im involved in?

Thanks

I have been wondering that as well, apparently this forum does not have that feature implemented, don't know why the button shows up though.

I have been wondering that as well, apparently this forum does not have that feature implemented, don't know why the button shows up though.

hmmm. yeah thats weird. Just thought it was on my end.

Did you take a look at the editing place to get notifications?

yeah i think i might have got it figured out. Thanks. :)