Ergaula pilosa Tips

Anyone have any tips on rearing and breeding E. pilosa? I have some adults now (thanks Zephyr!) and have been working on improving their enclosure. Really want to get a colony of these guys going since they're such an interesting species.

Right now I have a smaller enclosure (planning on putting them in the larger one this weekend) with a couple inches of substrate (coco fiber and cypress woodchips) some hardwood leaves and a bit of moss. Any further recommendations would be appreciated though, especially since one of the females already has an ooth sticking out :)

The males are definitely brown, though the females seem to be closer to black, but that depends on lighting. I don't have any Therea ooths yet because I'm pretty new to polyphagid breeding (and I think I only have adult males right now). Plenty here to learn though so I'm just trying to figure it out as best I can :)

I have picked a corner that I mist every day or two and I lightly mist the rest of the substrate once a week. A long wait is definitely the theme for the polyphagids. Gives me something to look forward though!