How long do ______ live?

7tisix

I just read domino's don't live very long. I ordered several species and want to know how long each species will live.

Tiger Hisser

Extinct in the Wild Roach

Question Mark Cockroach

Orange Spot Domino Roach

Peppered Roach

Blaberus craniifer Death's Head Cockroach

Ergaula capucina

The big Blaberidae (Blaberus and the Archimandrita and Hisser) might live about 2 or so years for adult females, but adult males having a much shorter life span probably. As nymphs they can grow much slower if kept at low temperatures, so I'm wondering if it would take over a year or even much longer to mature from nymph if kept artificially at cool temps even during summer time. Not sure if they would do alright for a long time at cool temperatures or if they would really stop growing or just grow much slower because I haven't tried it. I don't know about the other kinds of roaches. The adult males of Parcoblatta species I have had had a very short life span.

It's getting close to two years for one male Blaberus chacoensis nymph to become adult since I got him from Kyle Kandilian. A wild guess I maybe got him when he was around 3rd instar.

Tiger hissers can live around 2-3 years as adults, the question mark and orange dominos live as long as the regular dominos, around 6 months, maybe a bit longer. Female Ergaula capucina can live around 8 months, with males living shorter.

If your just keeping them as short-term pets and not planning on breeding them, then the other two responses sum up what you're looking for perfectly. However, the fun in keeping roaches is breeding them. By creating a colony, you'll never have to worry about lifespan, because you'll always have some alive!

I just read domino's don't live very long. I ordered several species and want to know how long each species will live.

Tiger Hisser

Extinct in the Wild Roach

Question Mark Cockroach

Orange Spot Domino Roach

Peppered Roach

Blaberus craniifer Death's Head Cockroach

Ergaula capucina

They don't live very long once they reach adulthood, but the nymphs grow very slowly. Good species selection btw

• 4 weeks later...