who says dubias cant climb plastic or over barriers

i have dubias that are climbing on plastic and over a three inch strip of vaseline i put in just as a precaution and they are climbing on and over it . the funny thing is i have three buckets of dubias two they are not doing it but the third ive found them in the indentations for the handles and stuck to tape that i have on top meant for phorid flies and you can see where they have been on top because of the dirt left up on the cover so beware guys especially down south where things are warmer the last thing you need is these setting up shop in your home. ive had mine for eight years with only two sightings of two males but that was my fault one got out during cleaning the other through a bad tape job on my part but never have seen anything else. but now i have expanded my collection with hissing roaches peppered turkistan and some other blaberus species so i just hope that it never becomes a problem.

I had this happen, either they climb up the corners and press their body closely almost like rock climbers do, or food particles crust over on the plastic and provide enough gripping potential, all you do is clean the cage with warm water and that solves it makes it slippery again.

I had this happen a little bit when I used an old scratched up bin. They can't climb plastic if it's smooth so as long as you've got that covered you should have no problem.