Anyone know what "hissers" dubiaroaches.com is selling?

Shaneofall

I have them already, but these are my first hissers, so not much to go by one features to look for. I was just wondering if someone already has ordered here and had a good idea. I was originally breeding as feeders but the whole group is becoming increasingly interesting to me. Maybe I can take close ups when I have some more time today.

I have them already, but these are my first hissers, so not much to go by one features to look for. I was just wondering if someone already has ordered here and had a good idea. I was originally breeding as feeders but the whole group is becoming increasingly interesting to me. Maybe I can take close ups when I have some more time today.

get some pics today and we might be able to help out! i have some hybrids that look quite different that both of their parents

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Unless you have some sort of lineage traceable hissers, or it is some other specific taxa, always assume that hissers means hybrids of G.portentosa. Those were widely hybridized in the past. Same with many Blaberus.

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus here, just stating a reality of the hobby.

I've kept G.portentosa in the past and likely will again.

• Like 2