pest roaches

I have never, ever seen any roaches in any of my places in either Seattle (1 apartment), Minneapolis (8 apartments/houses), Wyoming (1 house), Colorado (2 houses). I have, however, seen an apartment or possibly two (I can't remember if I saw roaches in the second place, but my friend who lived there said his cat would chase them around and eat them ;) ) in Minneapolis that appeared to be infested with B. germanica. They were both right outside downtown in old brownstones built in the '20s or '30s.

I would *guess* that if you happen to SEE a pest species in your living area (and you live in an area that has a real winter), that it could very well be infested already.

In north Texas, the occasional in-home visitor is Periplaneta fulginosa, although P.americana is not uncommon either.

I live in central California. The only time i ever see any pest roaches is outside on my patio at night every once in a while. Occasionally I find an Oriental roach in my bathroom.

In my town, Milano, pest species are very common... During the summer Blattella germanica always try to enter in my home by the windows, walking on external walls... but, as you can guess (I'm a PCO) they have wrong address.... :lol:

When I walk my dog at night I always meet Blatta orientalis on sidewalks all around the house...

The most common species is Blattella germanica, followed by Blatta orientalis and, last but not least, Supella longipalpa...

But, considering I'm a pest control operator, "a roach a day keeps misery away"... ;)

I think that I am likely spotting roaches that the average person would be missing. I always have an eye out for escapees of any kind, and have come across a few. Very rare maybe once every few months at the most(probably more liek 2x a year). Just yesterday I squished an adult female who was crawling across the wall at 12pm and that made me nervous. Most everything I've seen previously in the years living in this house were nymphs.