Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula qIuestions

RosenKrieger

I've got a Tarantula that I caught, so I know how to take care of them. However, I'm thinking about releasing him and buying a captive bred one. I found a Chilean Rose Hair at a local pet store for $20 and I was wondering if that is a fair price for one. And I'd also like to know if there are any specific things I need to look for in this species to make sure it's healthy before I bring it home.

I think it`s a good idea to release the one you found, but the G.rosea(Chilean Rose Hair ) you are going to buy, is probably WC too.

G.rosea grow extremly slow, and petshops want to buy animals they can sell right away.

Can you post a picture of the one you cought? If it`s a male, it won`t live for long, and will serve the nature if you release it. If it`s a female, you might consider keeping it, but it`s up to you.

Regards

Robin

Here's a picture of the one I caught. I'm pretty certain it's a male.

MRT.jpg

I was also warned about releasing it back into the wild because there's a chance it picked up something from the food i've been giving it.

That is a male for sure. In my opinion I would release it because males have a very importent job to do and not much time to do it in. As far as it picking up a disease or parasite I'm not quite sure. What have you been giving it, out of curiosity?

That is a male for sure. In my opinion I would release it because males have a very importent job to do and not much time to do it in. As far as it picking up a disease or parasite I'm not quite sure. What have you been giving it, out of curiosity?

I've just fed it a couple meal worms and a cricket since I've had it.

Hi RosenKrieger, Nagash was correct in saying that the rose hair is probably WC too and about the quick sales of pet stores. I have worked in many pet stores over a 15 year period so I know a little about their schemes.

However, $20.00 is a good price. No more tan $40.00 for sure. I have 2 of them and they have an awesome temperament. I really like the one you have caught. I would like to have this if you would like a good home for it. I can trade a rose hair for it if you want. But I do reccomend this species for sure for they are nice tempered, nice colored, and easy to keep. They also don't release irticating hairs.

Kerri

I've got a Tarantula that I caught, so I know how to take care of them. However, I'm thinking about releasing him and buying a captive bred one. I found a Chilean Rose Hair at a local pet store for $20 and I was wondering if that is a fair price for one. And I'd also like to know if there are any specific things I need to look for in this species to make sure it's healthy before I bring it home.

Hi RosenKrieger, I have replied to your question about the rose hair tarantula on the forum. I had put in a request about trading. I hope that you will read it. Thanks.

Kerri

kerrik35@hotmail.com

• 6 years later...