Roaches for 2008

Gsc

Does anyone have any target species they are after this year?

I've been dying to get some G. oblongata and Panesthia sp. roaches... I should have at least the G. oblongata coming and hopefully (keeping fingers crossed) some Panesthia.... plus maybe a few more suprises.

Hopefully this year I'll see most of my colonies take off...most of the roaches have finally matured...now it's just a matter of time (hopefully) before the colonies start producing... Very exciting.... especially once the glowspots start dropping young!!!!!!

A few on my wish list are G. oblongata, beetle mimics, and more therea. I hope to see my colonies take off too. Winter has been pretty rough on them. Despite my efforts to keep them warm and happy I still lost a few. But with some luck, they will start breeding again soon.

Also looking for regular madeirans. The gold ones are everywhere but I can't find the regular ones for some reason. I have a few but no nymphs yet.

In a while I'm going to start looking into acquiring some E. posticus; I could also go for few really nice B. giganteus. T. petiveriana would be nice but it will be awhile before I can afford some. I should probably wait until I have a little more experience under my belt before I invest in some dominos though.

I really like those little guys too. Their long legs and squat reddish bodies are really neat.

Since I've seen them in real life, I have Archiblatta hoeveni on my wish list. Unfortunately these guys are very hard to find and pretty expensive.

Also Blaberus giganteus seems pretty cool.

Well I would like to have any roach for a starter. The only ones available atm are German Cockroaches. And my mom is trying to kill them before they start taking over.

Damn it! I wanted to raise some. :P

th_sau22.jpg.gif