protrusion

darla

I have a female Dubia with a fairly large protrusion coming from her vent, at least I think it's the vent. I'm positive it's not a nymph, and it's much larger than a nymph would be, different color too. It looks like a big blob of marshmallow. I havent given any marshmallows ever so I know it's not that. I have seperated her but I wonder what's wrong and how to help. I tried once before to post picture on here but failed. Anybody know what this could be?

I have a female Dubia with a fairly large protrusion coming from her vent, at least I think it's the vent. I'm positive it's not a nymph, and it's much larger than a nymph would be, different color too. It looks like a big blob of marshmallow. I havent given any marshmallows ever so I know it's not that. I have seperated her but I wonder what's wrong and how to help. I tried once before to post picture on here but failed. Anybody know what this could be?

Sounds alot like a partial view of a protruding ootheca. How long has this gone on? Can you try another means of posting a pic?

post-219-1203723138_thumb.jpg

WHOA !! That looks like there are eggs coming loosely out of the oviduct on top of what appears to be a protruding inverted brood chamber.....

In any case, I believe this will be fatal for the roach. If you pop it in a small closeable dish or ziplock bag with some water surrounding it, freeze it, then ship it to me ... I would love to dissect it and see whats going on. To do this, though, it needs to be frozen before it dies.

For the life of me I can't get the picture to load. I get about half the roach, and it quits.

One of my roaches(my last male mad0235.gif) I noticed has a protrusion as well. And he doesn't seem to be doing very well. I don't know if it is similar to the roach of this topic.

What causes such things?

No, I forgot to mention that. He's a tiger hisser. Thank you so much for your offer though!

Here is the protrusion on my male.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/Mok...Protrusion2.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/Mok...Protrusion3.jpg