Therea 'grandjeani' patterns:

Matt K

God pictures. They look quite newly molted.

The name should now have been finally settled to be Therea olegrandjeani after the danish finder, who happens to be a member of Exotic Insects here in Danmark... :rolleyes:

I would like to post a couple of pics so we could study the difference , but Peter promised to look into getting more capacity for them. I cant upload...

Mine were bought from Mr. Ole Grandjean directly. He is a mature gent of around 70, who just loves to wander in foreign forests... :blink:

And Orin, before you ask, I have never heard about him writing his side of finding this species. But we could ask him and/or make an interview... He might come to the next exhibition here on the 29th of this month...

BR/

Ole

God pictures. They look quite newly molted.

The name should now have been finally settled to be Therea olegrandjeani after the danish finder, who happens to be a member of Exotic Insects here in Danmark... :rolleyes:

I would like to post a couple of pics so we could study the difference , but Peter promised to look into getting more capacity for them. I cant upload...

Mine were bought from Mr. Ole Grandjean directly. He is a mature gent of around 70, who just loves to wander in foreign forests... :blink:

And Orin, before you ask, I have never heard about him writing his side of finding this species. But we could ask him and/or make an interview... He might come to the next exhibition here on the 29th of this month...

BR/

Ole

If you want, you can email them to me and I can upload them on your behalf with credits to you (I have the software to make it work). PM me if so.

Sorry guys, it should be fixed now. I made some changes on the control panel to allow file attachments. One thing to keep an eye on, perhaps, is how many files you have stored on your attachment panel. You may need to delete some of your current attachment inventory to make room for new items you wish to upload.

(I'll delete this off topic post in a few days, sorry.)

Excellent photos Matt...I'm very interested to see the aberrations!

Thanks, Peter.

Resent pics from this small culture:

post-607-1250547184_thumb.jpg

post-607-1250547250_thumb.jpg

post-607-1250547339_thumb.jpg

post-607-1250547400_thumb.jpg

Hope they will appear clear (used the ½ MB).

The white/black patterns are so different that it should actually be possible to distinguish the individuals.

BR/

Ole

Hope they will appear clear (used the ½ MB).

The white/black patterns are so different that it should actually be possible to distinguish the individuals.

BR/

Ole

It's really great to see one just after it molted from nymph to adult...the pronotum turns black before the pigment in the wings do, and for a brief time they look like a panda bear.