Baby (Newborn?) Domino Roach Pics

Kimix

So these are my baby domino's that I spotted on 3/9/10.

My first egg case dropped on 10/13/09. So it was only 147 days (approx 5.25 months) from egg case being laid to the photos below.

Babies

dominoroach09.jpg

Babies next to a egg case.

dominoroach08.jpg

Just some of my egg cases

dominoroach07.jpg

So cute n' fuzzy! Congratulation!

So these are my baby domino's that I spotted on 3/9/10.

My first egg case dropped on 10/13/09. So it was only 147 days (approx 5.25 months) from egg case being laid.

This is awesome that someone timed the hatch out of a species that lays ootheca. Helpful information for many- feel free to do it for other species!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I sold off my T. petiveriana colony before I could witness the same lifecycle that you've documented. Just amazing! Now, I'm sorry that I sold it off :( Those pictures are STUNNING and the information on the ootheca development period is very helpful. Thanks so much for sharing.

147 days?!! Wow. I think my lateralis hatch, mature, reproduce and die in that time frame. I've been waiting for months for my gravid glo-spots to drop, now I don't feel so bad. Thanks for sharing this info.

• 9 months later...

is that typical for this species?

I just received four very small babies from a friend...they are all varying in size a bit so im assuming they are like a week or two apart from each other.