Hisser and Dubia enclosures

I am new with roaches, I have a few questions.

1. Can Black and normal G.portentosa be kept together??

2. Can P.Van 'Big Black' bite? they seem scary! I just got mine, now i see why they are soo good at surviving!!

3. Can all the hissing ones I have (G.portentosa, P.van, E.Chopardi) be kept in a natural looking enclosure together? What would the requirements be if so?

Would a 36 gallon bow front be big enough?

1. They can be kept together, but if the black is a genetic thing (unsure, usually it's caused by diet) then they will end up mixed.

2. They can bite, but won't.

3. If you keep them together, Princisia and Gromphadorhina will hybridize and the Elliptorhina will probably be outcompeted. Naturalistic enclosures are fine.

2. They can bite, but won't.

Ok and... Are you SURE of this?

Have there been any recorded Prinscia attacks on humans? lol

They are so strong, and that bite HAS to hurt!!

thats all i am worried about!

My 3 year old little sis also wants to hold it.. i dont want her getting bit!!!!

Dude, if one bites you, I'll... give you something expensive. :P There's no worry.

I've never been bitten by a roach. The only reason a roach would want to bite you is if it's hungry and you smell like delicious fruits and veggies.

:)

thanks

My sis and I have been holding him.

she pet him and kissed him.

:P She named him Super Bug lol

That's cute! The only time I've been bitten was when two male hissers were fighting on my hand, and one of them missed. XD It didn't feel like much, their jaws have a hard time getting a hold on human skin.

I've never been bitten by a roach. The only reason a roach would want to bite you is if it's hungry and you smell like delicious fruits and veggies.

Hey! One of my craniifer bit me while I was restraining it to determine sex. It wouldn't voluntarily sit still so I held him firmly between my thumb and fingers. I felt a little pinch so I looked up at his mouth and he was repeatedly trying to aggressively bite me. It didn't really hurt, so I watched him for a minute just to see if that was really his intention. It was! I didn't blame him, but it was a surprise.

Wow. That's surprising!

My craniifer always did hate being retrained. Have you been bitten by a hisser though? ;)

My craniifer always did hate being retrained. Have you been bitten by a hisser though? ;)

I have by an adult male. It was just a little pinch; I wouldn't say it was even slightly painful. But to his defense I was going to put him in the T. blondi cage…

Isn't Princisia not valid anyway? Cockroaches: Their Ecology and Behavior (or whatever it's called, by Roth and Willis) calls some Princisia. This might be the wrong place for that mess of a discussion.

Also, wow at being bitten, even though it wasn't meaningful.

Isn't Princisia not valid anyway?

Although it's invalid as a species (depends on who you ask, it most likely isn't though) you really shouldn't mix them since it is a viable, valid, distinct, strain/isolated lineage/cultivar/somewhat-subspecies if you will. As soon as you hybridize them then no longer do you have that certain subset of genetics. As said best by Matt K... damn the hybrids!