Will an apparent adult Hisser male molt again if

Courtney

Hes injured by others in this case his antennas were chewed off and his legs were also damaged I separated him and put a similar sized female in there with him so he wouldn't be lonely..........but will he ever molt to heal himself or will he be sensory deprived for the remainder of his life??? I feel so bad for him the poor thing just lays there with his face down doesn't walk around or do anything I assume hes eating but I'm not even entirely sure about that :( anyway thanks in advance everyone

You can't help but feel pity for these poor old hissers! -_-:( He won't molt again. The setup you've got for him is really cute, he should be as happy as possible. I would handfeed my old male sometimes.

I must be cold and callused. I feed them to something when they get to that point. It ends their suffering and by giving nutrition to another animal, it males me feel like there was more purpose to their life. I hate it when I find the old dead crusty ones in a bin. Feels like such a waste.

That is the practical approach. Having large colonies means you don't get attached to individuals as much.

That is the practical approach. Having large colonies means you don't get attached to individuals as much.

That's true. I remember the days of only having three and knowing each of their habits and personalities. I have so many now that I can't keep track of any individuals.

That's true. I remember the days of only having three and knowing each of their habits and personalities. I have so many now that I can't keep track of any individuals.

to bad for him and her, i just gave away to a bug girl in one of my grouos some nice healthy bright and colourful, but small compared to the other ones, five portentosa males, and right after thining them out the female that was picked on the worst gave birth, and the rest that were swollen continue to pop babies out now (though the one that was sick was apparently just hanging on to have her babies. i accidentally got anti bacterial soapy water on them, and most died off and were sick till i put the old bedding that was in with the hybrids i got from brick top in with them. now they seem to be doing better than ever.). also the four males that are big are alot more active and fight all the time now whenever i putz at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation! It actually could have been sperm stored from a previous mating that produced the babies, but either way it's great news!