Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
fangsalot

pine tree bark for hissers

Recommended Posts

i have a small dead austalian pine tree thats been dead for years and infested with termites and ants.i knocked half of it over and got some real pretty large pieces of bark come off of,almost looks like cork bark halves.is the pine tree bark safe to decorate a hisser enclosure?i heard that pine isnt good for insects but im not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's dead for years it should be no problem.

The "toxins" inside are mainly essential oils in the resin and they evaporate over time. These vapors could harm insects in a tiny enclosure and that seems to be the main problem; they won't eat it if there is still harmful resin inside ;) .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×