Tokay Geckos

Roachman26

• 1 month later...

Free-ranging them is a fun idea! Occasionally, my kids will hold their crested or leopard geckos in their hands, moving the lizard to the roach. A neighbor kid was selling buckets the other day (his dad's a drywaller). I bought 5 of the 5 gallons. I think these will alleviate the couple issues I've had with escapees.

But let me know how the tokays fare!

• 2 weeks later...
Free-ranging them is a fun idea! Occasionally, my kids will hold their crested or leopard geckos in their hands, moving the lizard to the roach. A neighbor kid was selling buckets the other day (his dad's a drywaller). I bought 5 of the 5 gallons. I think these will alleviate the couple issues I've had with escapees.

But let me know how the tokays fare!

They've done a very efficient job and started to look a little thin. There are no more escapees in that room. Now I have to leave a topless bin full of lateralis out for them. Each morning there are fewer lats than the night before and their weight is starting to look much better again.

• 3 weeks later...
They've done a very efficient job and started to look a little thin. There are no more escapees in that room. Now I have to leave a topless bin full of lateralis out for them. Each morning there are fewer lats than the night before and their weight is starting to look much better again.

Mine live in a cage, and two days ago I found two small hatchlings running around (did not even know the female laid eggs). All on a diet of roaches.

Mine live in a cage, and two days ago I found two small hatchlings running around (did not even know the female laid eggs). All on a diet of roaches.

That's pretty cool. I'm hoping mine reproduce. Although I'll probably have to capture and feed the babies so they don't starve to death. I just never see any escapees any more.