oblongonota babies!

finally,i got some nymphs!i was worried that the small heat pad under the enclosure wasnt enough warmth for them to breed but i guess everything is ok, because i finally got about 30+ babies crawling around!im so excited.i know i know,for you guys its an everyday occurance,but these are my first roaches..and im excited! :) pictures coming soon.oh,and thanks to everyone here for helping me with all the info i needed to get my colony started.

Woohoo! Babies! I know exactly how that feeling was the first births I had. It'll be fun for the next few months watching them grow up. Well, that and there'll probably be more births happening soon. Congrats!

Woohoo! Babies! I know exactly how that feeling was the first births I had. It'll be fun for the next few months watching them grow up. Well, that and there'll probably be more births happening soon. Congrats!

thanks :) !now,question..do they start eating right away?can they find the food bowl?

They might not eat for the first day or so because I'm sure that they gorged on the afterbirth and will look to their mother for protection. They'll naturally be curious about their environment once they start to hunger. If they're not eating or look thin after a week or so, I've had success with dogfood with lamb in it. Not saying it's the best or anything, just what works for me. The lamb dog food is usually marketed as easy to digest and I can usually find a small bag for about $11.

They might not eat for the first day or so because I'm sure that they gorged on the afterbirth and will look to their mother for protection. They'll naturally be curious about their environment once they start to hunger. If they're not eating or look thin after a week or so, I've had success with dogfood with lamb in it. Not saying it's the best or anything, just what works for me. The lamb dog food is usually marketed as easy to digest and I can usually find a small bag for about $11.

awesome! thanks.right now there all hudled together under fake leaf. there so darn cute

If you use dog food for young nymphs, it helps to grind/crush it first. Fish food is also a good food for babies.

Totally, the base of my tank is 18in square and 2 feet high, they do all right. There's always a couple slow ones, but don't worry about them much. They'll find it and then it'll be in their memory after a few times. In fact, some of them took up residence under the food dish until they were too big to fit.