Christmas babies!

vfox

Nice, it is always good to see a bunch of baby roaches roaming around the bin!

Yep, and I noticed one of my Blaberus craniifer extending an ootheca this evening, some are on their way! :)

I have some Christmas (almost!) babies to add to the list! :P

I just watched one of my E. javanica give birth. This was the first time in 4 years of keeping roaches that I've actually seen a female in the birthing process (I've seen right before and right after, but never as it was coming out.)

Such a wondrous site.

I have some Christmas (almost!) babies to add to the list! :P

I just watched one of my E. javanica give birth. This was the first time in 4 years of keeping roaches that I've actually seen a female in the birthing process (I've seen right before and right after, but never as it was coming out.)

Such a wondrous site.

Cool man, I've yet to see that happen. I've seen right after with my lobsters twice but never right as birthing happened. I did see it happen with my old Centruroides vittatus scorpions though. Btw Kyle do you have Periplaneta americana white eyed morphs? I got mine a few weeks back now and haven't seen a single ootheca yet. Don't P. americana lay one every few days?

Cool man, I've yet to see that happen. I've seen right after with my lobsters twice but never right as birthing happened. I did see it happen with my old Centruroides vittatus scorpions though. Btw Kyle do you have Periplaneta americana white eyed morphs? I got mine a few weeks back now and haven't seen a single ootheca yet. Don't P. americana lay one every few days?

My first female was really weird. Maybe it was from frost damage when they were shipped, but she just couldn't lay any ooths. About 7 months after maturing she finally laid a really deformed one.

The tiniest female, who arrived missing 3 legs due to frost damage, and was only about 1/4", grew up and produced (and is still producing) plenty of fertile ones.

My first female was really weird. Maybe it was from frost damage when they were shipped, but she just couldn't lay any ooths. About 7 months after maturing she finally laid a really deformed one.

The tiniest female, who arrived missing 3 legs due to frost damage, and was only about 1/4", grew up and produced (and is still producing) plenty of fertile ones.

Strange. I have two adult pairs and they look fine physically. The wings are a little messed up but I'm guessing that's from molting and not shipping. I'll need to wait and see I guess.

How often does yours lay ooths? And how many babies has that one produced? Or are there other adults now?

Strange. I have two adult pairs and they look fine physically. The wings are a little messed up but I'm guessing that's from molting and not shipping. I'll need to wait and see I guess.

How often does yours lay ooths? And how many babies has that one produced? Or are there other adults now?

No idea on the number of ooths but I'm always finding them. There are a good 50 mixed nymphs in the tank now.

A little late but my hissers' babies just hatched! I have 35-60 :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yay for more babies! I am still waiting on many of mine to mature or hatch out so in 2-4 months I'm going to have so many roaches lol.