Wet roach.

likebugs

Last night I misted my G. portentosa enclosure, I aim for the sides through the screen on the top. Only, I didn't realize that the mature male was hanging out on the screen and got sprayed and pretty wet. He looked like he was drinking and enjoying the water, but new as I am, I bothered him to see if he was O.K. When he hissed, it sounded all wet and bubbley. :o He sounds normal today but I am a little freaked out that I may have harmed him or blocked his breathing. :unsure:

Last night I misted my G. portentosa enclosure, I aim for the sides through the screen on the top. Only, I didn't realize that the mature male was hanging out on the screen and got sprayed and pretty wet. He looked like he was drinking and enjoying the water, but new as I am, I bothered him to see if he was O.K. When he hissed, it sounded all wet and bubbley. :o He sounds normal today but I am a little freaked out that I may have harmed him or blocked his breathing. :unsure:

Although the bubbly noise was from air passing through the water over the sphericals, it's not really a problem. Misting or soaking a roach wont kill it, it takes them a while to drown. I mist my cages and often directly onto roaches every week. I've never had an issue. Standing water in dishes are the only way I've ever seen my roaches drown. I exclusively use water gel now so I've not had a single roach drown in over a year.

Will fruits and veggies along with daily misting be enough for their moisture? I only have the two males of that species and I found the younger one nicely molted this morning. I do the same thing for my Blaberus discoidalis and haven't run into any bad molts, yet. I have only been keeping the discoids for a few weeks so I am not sure about anything yet. I have the time for daily misting and wet food feeding or checking.

Will fruits and veggies along with daily misting be enough for their moisture? I only have the two males of that species and I found the younger one nicely molted this morning. I do the same thing for my Blaberus discoidalis and haven't run into any bad molts, yet. I have only been keeping the discoids for a few weeks so I am not sure about anything yet. I have the time for daily misting and wet food feeding or checking.

I only mist 1-2 times a week and soak the substrate when it's bone dry. Otherwise it'd be a bit much in my opinion.