A. insignis, E. distanti, G. portentosa, and A. tesselata

I'm still waiting for a bunch of my species to molt out adults, but here's a few pictures of a couple of my species I took today and wanted to share. I've also been re-working my setup and I can't wait to post pictures of it when it's done, I'll have a full before, during, and after to post with complete species pictures!

A. tesselata nymphs:

041.jpg

021.jpg

A. insignis:

011.jpg

010.jpg

G. portentosa nymphs:

008-3.jpg

E. distanti (excuse the dirt under my nails, it's substrate):

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

Beautiful photos! Do you have any A. insignis adults though, that one on your hand looks pretty big for a nymph!

I'm thinking adult too, but you said you were waiting for a bunch to molt out adults so I was wondering what you thought of it. In hindsight it seems like a weird thing to ask because the Eublaberus is an adult too! Ignore me. :lol:

Aeluropoda insignis is probably the only species I have trouble determining the age of. Some adults lack the wing pad markings and others have them; generally this is a sign of an adult but the nymphs can have it too. You can be pretty sure you have an adult male if there's a distinct notch in the pronotum exposing the head almost entirely, as well as thick, fuzzy antennae.

Oh I can totally see how you thought that, yeah I have the nymphs marked as so. :] That's definitely an adult. Thanks for clearing up the difference Zephyr (that's one of the nymphs you sent me, was like an inch long 2 months ago)!