E. Sp. "ivory"

Herpetologyfrk

I know that Eublaberus posticus is infamous for wing biting, I am not sure about the whole genus though. Anyways the first one of mine to mature a month ago I noticed that one of his legs molted out funky and he was slower then the rest. I didn't think much of it at the time to be honest. I took a closer look at the colony today and I noticed all my adults had no bites in their wings, until I came across this particular male. All the other adults didn't even have a nibble out of their wings. I felt bad for the male and put him in his own home.

9d4318bd.jpg

My guess is that all the males started getting defensive and a little possessive over the maturing females that this little guy got beat up because he was much slower then the rest of them (I had 5 males mature before any females). Just wanted to share this observation with you all :)

Aw, yeah, I've noticed if one of my roaches, of pretty much any species, molts out a little funny the rest tend to bully up on them no matter how much food or water they have. I guess roaches are mean and like an easy target. I have one B. sp. Cuba that molted out with one normal wing and one really dinky messed up wing, I'm hoping he survives, or eventually I'll just feed him off.

I've never actually seen the culprits, but I've hypothesized that it could be from the wings catching and tearing on things during expansion. Oddly I never see females like this so it very well could be male-based aggression on freshly molted males.

They were fine with eachother before any females matured. I caught them chasing eachother shortly after the first female matured. Like I said though, none of the other adults have even a nibble in their wings. I think it could be sex related. I should keep a couple males/females separately then a two male one female combination.