Hisser ooth

Re-set-up my main colony of Hissers yesterday. There are 60+ adults in a 20 gal. I used some wheat-type natural cat litter and added a cardboard hide. Most of the roaches are female. I took out many of the beat up looking males (about 10) and a few beat up looking females. I am hoping the litter will help with odor and help make it easier to spot the babies. As a matter of fact, I put them in the enclosure yesterday around noon, and before noon this morning there were several babies evident (~6). There was also a discarded ooth. with several babies that didn't quite emerge, and several more that never got that far. I am assuming that it only takes a few hours to go from little white barely visible thing with eyes to little plump dark baby hisser. This is the second ootheca that I've found like this. I have never seen it before, and was quite surprised at how the whole thing works. Previously the roaches were housed on cypress bedding. There is a bowl of water crystals in the tank and they get misted probably once a day. Why are these ootheca not hatching all the way? Mostly they get fed lettuces and fruits with some chick starter and whatever else I happen to have. There is no external heat source but my house stays fairly warm. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Seems to just happen sometimes. I've seen more than a few with some babies that just didn't make it. Sometimes there's even some completely malformed ooths that come out as a blob. Since they're raised internally heat and food would probably be the two things that would even make a difference. But honestly it's just genetic variation sometimes.