Heat cable?

froggy

flex watt isn't that bad hell there are even covers for the clip. the main thing with heat tape is that you should ether use a rheostat or thermostat (this one is cheap and is supposed to work well) to control the heat. though i have no experience with the heat cable sorry.

Hi Ozymandias, this thermostat looks good, but do you know if it is compatible with the flex-watt or heat cables ?? it is mentioning about compatibility with the heat-mats, but the advice do not mentioning info about their compatibility with the anothers. Thanks !!

Hi Ozymandias, this thermostat looks good, but do you know if it is compatible with the flex-watt or heat cables ?? it is mentioning about compatibility with the heat-mats, but the advice do not mentioning info about their compatibility with the anothers. Thanks !!

ya it works for flex watt (flex watt is essentially an elongated heat mat) and it should work for heat cable

Well as i said before i really dont want to risk the heat tape (we live in a wood house!!!) so i ordered 2 heat cables and ill let you guys know how it goes once im all setup

Hi froggy, what kind of thermostate will you use with the heat cables ?? thanks, regards.

flex watt isn't that bad hell there are even covers for the clip. the main thing with heat tape is that you should ether use a rheostat or thermostat (this one is cheap and is supposed to work well) to control the heat. though i have no experience with the heat cable sorry.

Hi Ozymandias, and you do know if this thermostat also do accept the plug of the heat cables and if this thermostat also works well with the heat cables ?? thanks, regards.

ya it works for flex watt (flex watt is essentially an elongated heat mat) and it should work for heat cable

Hi Ozymandias, and you do know if this thermostat also do accept the plug of the heat cables and if this thermostat also works well with the heat cables ?? thanks, regards.

Hi, here is your response to my second question, thanks !!

• 1 month later...

Back when I did leos I used a zoo med UTH with a Lutron dimmer from THD hahahaha! I came across zoo med heat rope at a pet shop going under. It was SOOOO cheap! How could I pass that deal. I did't find it very useful. The heat distrabution wasn't that grand ....def my least fav heat method. Could pop it under a piece of tile from a hardware store....That's a bit to much work though..... Heat tape (if properly wired & controlled) is amazing.

Back when I did leos I used a zoo med UTH with a Lutron dimmer from THD hahahaha! I came across zoo med heat rope at a pet shop going under. It was SOOOO cheap! How could I pass that deal. I did't find it very useful. The heat distrabution wasn't that grand ....def my least fav heat method. Could pop it under a piece of tile from a hardware store....That's a bit to much work though..... Heat tape (if properly wired & controlled) is amazing.

Hi Briene, do you has founded neccessary to raise the bottom of the totes with tiles for to place under the heat-tape as you did it with the heat-cable? or the heat-tape do support well the weight of the totes without troubles? thanks, regards.

• 1 month later...

I'm only familiar with heat cables used for starting seedlings, which are placed in the sub, not under tank. Not sure how zoomeds product differs...even if the heat distribution was uneven..once the sub heats up wouldn't the warmth be pretty evenly distributed?