Calendar Contest: Q & A

Peter Clausen

At the risk of sounding stupid....I don't really understand the pixel thing, because when I try to crop my image to 2300 pixels by 1800 pixels, it cuts out most of my subject. Also, I don't know how to tell what the DPI is. I know you said not to post photos in this thread, so I will try to PM a photo to you and you can tell me if it's possible to enter it, OK Peter? I guess I'm just intimidated by all the technical terminology, but I do have some good pictures (my opinion :rolleyes: ) that I'd like to enter. I just use the editing software that came with my camera, not anything fancy.

You are welcome to email me the photo (peter at bugsincyberspace.com), but I'd encourage you to look for a "resize" option rather than a "crop" option in your software. Don't worry too much about the DPI at this point. This is a number that can fluctuate based on the size you choose for your photo.

Thanks for kicking our contest off! Deadline is a week from today (Dec. 20th deadline).

OK, I think I have the right size photo, but the 3.6 MB file is too big to use the "attach" option so I uploaded it to photobucket. I submitted the photo in the calendar photo thread using the photobucket link, but it got resized (by photobucket?) to 962x752 pixels???? This is so confusing... Is there any way we can just submit photos for the contest without doing all the resizing, and then if they win we can worry about it then? It's embarrassing to expose my technological illiteracy here in public :(

Hi Peter,

I keep trying to upload 2 photos for the contest, and it says it is to big to upload. My original was 1.7 megs.. I reduced that to about 450 kb's and it still will not upload. I am using the full editor, and uploading from my computer. Any suggestions??

Hopefully we can get two more photos to complete the calendar. I will take two more photos later today if nobody else wants to slide into the 11th and 12th spots.

I sent you a couple to the bugsincyperspace address this morning. Hopefully you can size them right as necessary.

Thanks, Peter!

Due to popular demand, I have re-opened the calendar contest photo thread for a day or two. Please create posts with titles and species' names at the following link. If you can't post the photos, please email them to me and I'll drop them into your pre-created post for you. peter "at" bugsincyberspace.com

Here is a link to the contest photo area (now re-opened):

http://www.roachforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3578

Email me your photo to peter "at" bugsincyberspace.com

Hopefully it meets the contest requirements because we're saving a spot just for you! In case anybody missed it, the voting poll is going up a few minutes after I hit reply on this post.