why wont they breed

skiblits

So I have 3 hissers in a five gallong retile aquarium with a screen lid. 1 male, and 2 females. The bedding is sphagnum moss, they have fress food and water everyday, there I a red heat lamp on the tank and I mist them every day I want them to breed but what is the proper temperature and humidity for them to breed? I've sen sites that tell me to keep the temp at 85 - 90 during the day and between 80- 85 at night, is this correct? And I can't seem to find how hig the humidity should be, sites say to mist them down once a day but I live in a dry place so that only takes the tank to about 30% humidity. My tropical lizards need it at 75%, so should I soak my hissers tills it gets that high?

I've had my hissers for about two months, I had hoped to hear them hissing and courting in the middle of the night which is why they're tank is on my night stand. My room is the darkest, quitest place in my apartment and I'm only in there to sleep, during the day the only light that gets in is an aquarium light across the room.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Female Madagascar hissers stay pregnant for 60 days, so don't give up hope yet. Can you post a picture of your females? Your temps sound perfect. My humidity stays at about 40% and mine breed steadily. Are they Madagascars?

They are Madagascars. Here is a picture of them. Thanks for the help, I'll just wait around and see I guess. They look fat and pregnant in the picture but they might just be eating really well.

post-2799-0-38766300-1327993819_thumb.jpg

post-2799-0-03428600-1327993827_thumb.jpg

Yep, I started my colony of 140+ with just 6 individuals. It took 3-3 1/2 months for the first babies to appear. Just give it time, you'll have more than you need in short order.